Monday, August 6, 2012

Change is a good thing.

It's what I keep telling myself. Change is a good thing. Change is good, whether it is anticipated for months and dreamed of for years like with Kya, or just anticipated for months and feared for years like a career transition resulting in a major financial setback.

Both changes are being faced at the same time. And the challenges of both changes are what will make the journey and accomplishments of both that much more gratifying.

With Kya, it's a constant trial and error thus far. And most assuredly, will continue to be. I will learn, eventually, how much time I have to get up and make her bottle in the morning before she goes from mildly irritable to utterly inconsolable (thinking probably three). Or how many times she'll laugh at my silly-ass noises and faces before she grows bored of it (guessing about a dozen). But in the end, I'll figure it out. And it'll totally be worth it when I can either make her happy that much sooner or keep her happy that much longer.

With my other change, I'm going from five years of irrelevance to who-knows-how-long of no freaking idea yet. And, like with my daughter, it's taken multiple times to figure out what decisions to make, where to look, who to speak with, what to write, what to finish that I started years ago, when to give up on ideas I cooked up years ago, and so on...and it will most likely take multiple more attempts until I get it right.

And it'll be totally worth it when I can be content with my life that much sooner and stay content for that much longer.

Admittedly, my one change has encompassed so much real estate in my head lately, that it's impeded on my time to write about my other change in this fashion. But it's also made me realize that the one change is equally as critical in dictating my present and future.

So therefore, a third change: the focus of this blog, to incorporate everything in my crazy world and my constant attempts to learn how much time or how many times I need to figure the important shit out.

Enjoy the journey with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment